Music has been, shall I say "inspirational" to me lately. For some, these things may seem purely coincidental, but for me the timing...well, let me explain. First of all, I visit teach a woman who is only 49 years old, but has suffered from a stroke that has left her partially paralyzed on one side of her body, and also unable to make good decisions, having very poor judgement. At times it is very frustrating to work with her, because of the poor decisions she makes, but yet on the other hand, one has to have compassion and understanding and patience with her. One time I was leaving her apartment, feeling frustrated with her and disappointed in myself for not being more compassionate, when the iPod began playing "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," and the titled displayed on the radio screen. Immediately the thought entered my mind that I needed to know that Heavenly Father loved her, and me!
The second time was on my way to work in Saginaw one morning. I was giving an inservice, and not feeling the greatest due to a "relapse" of my pain symptoms recently. I was a little upset-worried how I would do and getting a little carried away in anticipation of passing out or being unable to stand and present in front of everyone. So I decided to say a prayer, asking Heavenly Father for peace and calmness and the ability to do what I needed to do. As soon as I said amen, the song playing in the iPod was the second verse to "How Firm a Foundation": "Fear not, I am with thee, oh be not dismayed. For I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand. Upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand." I said a prayer of thanks! And I did fine in the inservice by the way!
The third incident means alot to me because it involves a grandson who is soon to arrive into this world, Aaron Andrew Whittacre. At the first ultrasound, the doctor indicated that there may be some problems, specifically the possibility of some genetic issues like one of the trisomies. More tests would need to be done, and more ultrasounds. As I prayed about this, I wasn't getting the feeling that this was going to be a false alarm, that there really was going to be a problem. I was riding in the car thinking about this when a song came on from one of the most beautiful movie sound tracks of all time, "The Mission". I looked down at the screen on the car radio, and it said "The Mission". The thought came into my mind that this baby has a very important mission to fulfill on earth. The music playing seemed so perfect for him-tentative, but beautiful, and full of joy. And in my mind I could see this blond haired boy stepping out of the preexistence and into earth life happy and full of joy! Another thought came into my mind, that he is very happy to be coming to earth to gain a body, and is accepting of the challenges that may be apart of that, and so I should be happy and accepting too! I knew then that Heavenly Father would help and bless Chopper and Kristy, and all of us, as we accept this child into our family. I wish I could figure out a way to download the music so you can hear it! I'll work on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment